Proof of address requirements:
Accepted address proof documents:
- bank statement
- utility bill
- letter issued from a government body
- drivers license or identity card if this has not also been used as their Proof of ID
- Documents must be dated within the past six months
- Complete documents must be uploaded.
A complete document is defined as:
At least one full page of the document
- The full name and address of the individual are clearly stated
- Documents can be uploaded in .png, .jpg, or .pdf format
Proof of ID requirements:
There a few things you need to take into account before uploading your ID:
- Stripe requires a colour photo of the ID, which you can take with a phone, webcam, or scanner (but not from a computer screen).
- Stripe accept JPEG and PNG file formats.
- Stripe will be unable to verify PDFs.
- Stripe will be unable to accept black and white images such as photocopies.
- Be aware of the flash on your camera which may obscure details on the ID.
- The photo needs to be clear and all information can be seen (i.e. can't be blurry or have corners cut off).
- Also, you'll need to ensure there are no marks or blemishes on your ID that may skew the image.